Conservation Begins Here.
The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America’s #1 conservation service organization seeks qualified applicants to lead, educate, and inspire young adults for the upcoming Western Roving Corps Team.
Project Leaders are an integral part of the success of our teams and they will be expected to strive for proactive communication, create a culture of growth, and professionally represent themselves and SCA. The Project Leader position is filled with a diversity of tasks and responsibilities and offers a great opportunity to highly motivated candidates who are looking for an engaging and challenging atmosphere.
For this project, the Western Roving team will travel to different federal agency field sites around the Western United States completing work projects at each site. Projects may include: trail work, wildland fire fuels reduction, wilderness restoration, data surveys, facilities maintenance, fence construction or repair, and invasive species monitoring and/or removal. Applicants of this project should be prepared for diﬃcult terrain with a wide range of weather conditions.
Program Dates: April – September, 2018 (Subject to change)
- Act as a Crew Manager guiding crew dynamics and facilitating teamwork
- Function as a Technical Advisor assisting in training corps members to complete quality work
- Serve as a Partnership Representative managing relationships with agency partner and ensuring successful and timely completion of work projects
- Perform tasks as a Program Administrator by communicating with SCA staff, completing documentation and managing a budget
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must have ability to legally work in the US
- Must attend mandatory Crew Leader training in April
- Current Wilderness First Aid and CPR certification (Wilderness First Responder preferred), or willingness to acquire certification
- Experience working with young adults (ages 18-25), teaching experience a plus
- Experience with conservation work skills or related skills, preferred (i.e. trail maintenance, trail construction, chainsaw, carpentry, landscaping, and gardening)
- Ability to perform manual, physical labor for up to 8 hours per day, exposed to the elements and must occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds or more
- Valid driver’s license and MVR that meets SCA standards required
- Ability to meet SCA’s criminal background check standards
Compensation: $600 per week (depending on experience), paid biweekly
To Apply: Click Login or Sign Up. Create a profile, complete the basic application and then select the Leader Application when prompted. Please be sure to upload your cover letter, resume & 3 references. Once your application is complete, please email [email protected] with the position of interest listed in the subject line so we may review your application.
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org