Conservation Begins Here.
The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America’s #1 conservation service organization seeks qualified applicants to lead, educate, and inspire four young adult members for the South East Roving Trail Team.
This team will be starting off at Mammoth Cave National Park, KY and working on their extensive trail system for four weeks. The crew will then travel to another soon to be determined site(s) nearby for continued trail work projects for the remaining five weeks of work. There is also some potential for chainsaw focused projects at other nearby parks and forests. Other project locations may include: Mark Twain National Forest, Big South Fork National River & Recreation Area, Daniel Boone National Forest, Lake Andes FWS.
Program Dates: 8/26/18 – 11/30/18
Training Dates: Alumni Leaders Preferred (N/A)
- Act as a Crew Manager guiding crew dynamics and facilitating teamwork
- Function as a Technical Advisor assisting in training corps members to complete quality work
- Serve as a Partnership Representative managing relationships with agency partner and ensuring successful and timely completion of work projects
- Perform tasks as a Program Administrator by communicating with SCA staff, completing documentation and managing a budget
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must have ability to legally work in the US.
- Valid driver’s license and MVR that meets SCA standards required
- Ability to meet SCA’s criminal background check standards
- Current First Aid and CPR certification required by the start of training, Wilderness First Aid preferred
- Experience working with youth or young adults (18-24), teaching in an educational environment a plus
- Experience with conservation work skills or related skills – i.e. trail maintenance, trail construction, chainsaw, carpentry, landscaping, and gardening
- Ability to perform manual, physical labor for up to 8 hours per day, exposed to the elements and most occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds or more
- Previous completion of SCA Leader & Work Skills Training Session preferred
Compensation: $600/week total salary, housing, meals and a vehicle provided for work related responsibilities; plus leader travel allowance of $1150 to/from site.
To Apply: Click Login or Sign Up. Create a profile, complete the basic application and then select Leader Application when prompted. Please be sure to upload your cover letter, resume, and at least two (2) professional references. Once your application is complete, please email [email protected] with the position of interest listed in the subject line so we may review your application.
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org