Looking for an amazing summer experience to take your conservation and leadership skills to the next level and have a ton of fun?
- Cost $3000 per participant
- Include 8 to 10 high school aged members per crew
- Duration 3 to 5 weeks in the summer
- Are supervised by two experienced adult leaders
- Choose from spectacular locations
- Complete conservation projects
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is 15 to 18 years old on the start date of the crew
- Is committed to the mental and physical effort needed to learn new skills in a demanding environment
- Has the pre-requisite skills in camping and conservation work (varies by position)
- Is interested in building their skills in teamwork, leadership and problem solving
2018 Tuition Crew Locations: COMING SOON!
How to apply:
- Complete an SCA National/Regional Crew Application
- In your MySCA portal, enter the Application Code(s) above for your top-choice location(s).
- Make sure that you meet the pre-requisites for the position(s) you are applying for.
- Selected candidates will receive an email offer with the dates and location of their position
- You will have the opportunity to accept or decline the offer
- If you accept, you will receive:
- Medical Form
- Conditions of Acceptance Form
- Member Handbook Acknowledgment Form
- Tuition payment information
- Location information for planning your travel to the site
- Candidates who are not selected will be informed via email
SCA Tuition Crew Refund Policy
If the participant withdraws from the position after a payment has been made, you (the adult participant or guardian of the participant) must notify SCA via email at [email protected] to request a refund. You will receive an email message from SCA confirming receipt of your refund request. For all Tuition crews in any location, if you cancel or leave for any reason:
- 30 calendar days or more prior to the program start date, SCA will issue a full refund to the participant
- Between 15 and 29 calendar days prior to the program start date, SCA will retain 25 percent of the program tuition
- Between 8 and 14 calendar days prior to the program start date, SCA will retain 50 percent of the program tuition
- Less than 8 calendar days prior to the program start date or after the program has begun, there will be no refunds