Ready to make a difference in your own backyard? SCA’s Regional Crews offer opportunities for students to build trails, conserve vital habitats, and protect natural resources for future generations while staying close to home. Develop your leadership and outdoor skills while doing important work right in your home community.
The new and improved, mobile-friendly SCA application is live!
Visit the Youth How to Apply page for more details!
Application Deadline: Rolling deadline
- Include 6 to 10 teenagers per crew
- Serve 2 to 8 weeks in the summer
- Are supervised by one or two experienced adult leaders
Regional Crew Members:
- Complete trail maintenance and site restoration projects in national, regional, state, or local parks in their region
- Commute daily from home or live in tents on site
- Develop collaboration and leadership skills while working with other high school students from their region
- Learn about local wildlife and help to preserve vital habitats
- Learn practical outdoor skills and Leave No Trace practices
- Explore local outdoor recreational opportunities with their crew on non-work days
The ideal candidate:
- Lives in one of the regions listed on this page
- Is 15 to 19 years old on the start date of the crew
- Is a current high school student, or graduated from high school the semester directly before the summer crew
- Demonstrates leadership skills and/or responsibility
- Participates with extracurricular groups or volunteer organizations
- Likes working with people
- Enjoys spending time outdoors
- Wants to learn more about ecology or environmental topics
2017 Regional Crew Locations and Promo Codes
More locations coming soon!
Northwest Regional Crews: open to residents of Washington state
Promo Code coming soon
How to apply:
- Use the list above to find the Promo Code for the crew in your region
- Login to MySCA
- Complete the online SCA application, including the Crews section, or complete a paper application if you receive one from SCA or a program partner
- Pay the one-time $25 application fee
- If you already have an SCA Crew application, update your dates, essays, preferences and references for 2017
- Enter your Promo Code on your Home Page in MySCA
Admissions Process: January through June
- Applications for Regional Crews are accepted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled
- Selected candidates will receive an offer by phone or email
- You will have the opportunity to accept or decline the offer
- If you accept, you will receive the Medical Form and Conditions of Acceptance Form to fill out
- Candidates who are not selected will receive an email or phone call declining their participation or inviting them to be placed on a waitlist
Questions about Regional Crews?