Applying for Young Adult Programs
The first step to landing a life-changing internship is completing a high quality application that accurately reﬂects your skills, experience, and interests. Follow the steps on this page to get started!
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
To apply to SCA’s Young Adult programs, you must be:
- 18 or older
- A high school graduate or GED holder
- A student or not a student
- Interested in conservation service work
- International applicants must read this
- Create a username and password for a MySCA portal
- Login to your MySCA portal
- Complete the Basic Application
- Complete the Internship and Corps Program Application
- Choose up to 20 positions to be considered for
There is a one-time lifetime application fee of $25 dollars for US citizens ($40 for non-US citizens).
Choose positions that:
- Sound exciting to you!
- Match your skill sets or goals
- Have a good fit rating (80% or higher is best!)
- Match your dates
How many positions should I apply for?
- Up to 20
How does the placement process work?
- You apply
- SCA reviews all applications and sends top candidates to sites for review
- You receive an email if your application is sent
- Sites conduct interviews and select their top candidate
When will my application be sent to sites?
- Anytime a site requests candidates and your application is in the top 20 for fit rating
- Sites generally request candidates three months before the position start date
- Your application will not be sent to all of the positions you apply for
To increase your chances of having your application sent:
- Choose several geographic areas and more than one type of position
- Include “Hot Internships”, which need to be ﬁlled ASAP
- Aim for a fit rating of 80% or higher
- Be thorough and accurate in your application