SCA Massachusetts Conservation Corps
SCA Massachusetts Conservation Corps – Celebrating over 20 years of service!
March 28th - October 23, 2022
The SCA Massachusetts Conservation Corps program members serve Massachusetts’s public lands from the Atlantic Coast to the Berkshires each summer!
Eighteen young adults will come together in late March to form the 2022 SCA Massachusetts Conservation Corps. After group trainings, the members will head out as individuals or in small teams to being their AmeriCorps service.
Individual Placement Positions
- BNRC - Trail Crew Member
- Conservation Stewardship Coordinator - Greater Worcester Land Trust
- Conservation Steward - Sudbury Valley Trustees
- 2022 Conservation Land Steward - Mass Audubon
- 2022 Environmental Educator - Mass Audubon
- Urban Wilds Stewardship Coordinator
Trail Crew Program
After extensive trail training, eighteen members head out into the field in teams of six to tackle conservation projects. For ten days, members camp out together and complete projects, like: new trail construction, rock steps, rock retaining walls, water bars, rustic timber bridges, box steps, trail clearing, trail repair and drainage, sign installation, and more.
In just one season, the SCA Massachusetts Conservation Corps members were able to:
- Impact 99 miles of trail.
- Build 34 boardwalks/bridges/puncheons (and maintain 10 more)
- “set” 248 stones
- Brush and clear 37 trails
- Community Outreach and Engagement
For prospective members – Click here to see the current position postings.
Please direct any questions or statements of interest for either program to Julia Graham, Program Assistant, at [email protected].