Pennsylvania Outdoor Corps
Pennsylvania Outdoor Corps
Now Hiring: Members for 2019 Adult Program!
2019 Crew Locations: Philadelphia, Wilkes-Barre, Williamsport, Harrisburg (two crews: local and traveling), Altoona, St. Marys, Meadville and Uniontown
2019 Crew Members
The Pennsylvania Outdoor Corps is accepting applications for our crew member positions from candidates 18 to 25 years of age. Members will work on a team of six to complete conservation, recreation and infrastructure projects in Pennsylvania’s State Park and Forest system. Crews meet each day in their program city, and are provided transportation to their worksite.
- Dates: March 4th to December 6th, 2019
- Hours: Monday - Thursday, 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Locations: Philadelphia, Wilkes-Barre, Williamsport, Harrisburg (local and traveling), Altoona, St. Marys, Meadville and Uniontown
- Compensation: $12.20 per hour, company-sponsored health insurance and benefits, breakfast and lunch provided
- Be between the ages of 18 and 25 at the start of the program.
- Be able to conduct manual work in outdoor conditions.
- Be enthusiastic about working on a diverse crew.
- Have an interest in conservation and natural resource management.
- Be able to model safe and professional behavior at all times.
- Have or secure housing in or near their program city.
Qualified members who demonstrate exceptional leadership skills and work ethic during their positions on the 10-month crew will also gain the unique opportunity to take a 10-week leave from their position to assume the role of crew leader for one of the PA Outdoor Corps high school crews. These crews are comprised of two leaders and 10 members, ages 15 to 18, and run for seven weeks during July and August each summer.
NEW! Resource Crew
The Outdoor Corps is adding a traveling crew, based in Harrisburg, to our 2019 program. Members of this crew will travel statewide and camp in state parks and forests while working on resource management projects. Details and qualifications are similar to member positions, but crews will work for eight days straight with a six day weekend and will be away from home during their work. For full details on the Resource Crew, see the position description. Please select “Harrisburg, PA” as your program city during your application and specify that you’re interested in the Resource Crew when emailing.
To Apply: Download our application instructions to help guide you through the application process. Then follow this link to begin or update your application. For those with an existing application, please update your dates of availability and any other relevant information. Upon completing the application process, please email [email protected] to let us know you’re interested.
2019 Crew Leaders
Crew Leader hiring is now closed for the 2019 Adult Program. For those interested in leader positions, please check back in early 2019 for Summer Program leader positions.
For inquiries about our program, please email us at [email protected].
- Connect with the Pennsylvania Outdoor Corps on Facebook
- Read the oﬃcial program announcement
- View videos and photos from the partner kick-off
- See news coverage of the kick-off event
- Fox 56 video on the Pennsylvania Outdoor Corps