Regional and Urban Youth Programs
Since 1984, SCA has been connecting Seattle-area youth with hands-on conservation programs in Seattle and the greater Northwest region. Thanks to numerous public agencies, environmental organizations, schools, youth development organizations, and community groups, SCA continues to provide conservation opportunities to young people from the Seattle area each year.“I learned that hard work pays off, because I was tired and worn out, but pushed myself to finish… It made me feel good inside.” — Member Thomas F.
- Build trails and restore habitat on public lands
- Explore green career opportunities and issues facing the environment
- Build leadership skills as they work on a team of diverse peers
- Learn about our local environment through field trips, outdoor recreation, and service projects
- Gain necessary skills and experience to enter green and public service career sectors
THE APPLICATION PERIOD FOR THE 2021 Seattle and edmonds HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER PROGRAMs are NOW OPEN.
SCA’s 2021 Seattle and Edmonds High School Summer Programs will field two crews for members, ages 14-19, working in natural areas in Seattle and Edmonds. The crews will work Monday through Friday each week during the summer program. Members work 34 hours per week.
Applicants must be at least 14 years of age to participate in high school programs. Members must be currently in high school or recent high school graduates.
- Earn up to $2,720 (pre-tax).
- Uniform and Boots Provided.
- Program runs July 6, 2021 to August 6, 2021.
- Work 34 hrs/week, Monday-Thursday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (*includes one half hour unpaid lunch break); Fridays 8:00 am - 12:00 pm (these days have the potential to be in-person or virtual environmental education half-days)
- Work in local Seattle and Edmonds park sites doing hands-on work in ecological restoration.
- Obtain valuable work-skills and green jobs training.
- Work in beautiful outdoor settings and make lifelong friends!
- Work on a team with other High School crew members (with an adult team leader 21+)
- Go on a two-day overnight work trip to Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest and be provided with all gear you need to participate!
- Serve to give back and better your local communities and natural areas.
- If accepted into the program you MUST be available for the ENTIRE length of the five-week program!
APPLICATION DEADLINE APRIL 30, 2021
- This program is VERY competitive and not all applicants will be accepted into the program. Positions will be filled on a rolling basis, applicants are encouraged to apply early! Select applicants will be invited to an interview and will be informed of their position offer by end of May. *Not all applicants will be accepted into the program.*
- If you need any assistance, please refer to the How to Apply section of our website.
o Complete the online SCA Basic Application
o Complete the online SCA Community Application
CONNECT WITH US
- Please email Program Manager; Arnold Palomo at [email protected] once you have completed the application or if you have any questions!
Proud Partners include: City of Edmonds, NatureBridge, Olympic National Park, Olympic National Forest, Mount Rainier National Park, North Cascades National Park, Mount-Baker Snoqualmie National Forest, Seattle Parks and Recreation, Green Seattle Partnership, BC Parks, City of Bainbridge Island, Green Tukwila Partnership, Gifford Pinchot National Forest, San Juan Island National Historic Park, Colville National Forest, Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest, and more.