New York City, NY
New York City Community Crews
SCA’s 2021 NYC Programs will have teams of High School students aged 15-19 serving in Parks in the Bronx and upper Manhattan. As well as virtual environmental lessons and activities.
Applicants must be at least 15 years of age to participate in high school programs. Members must be currently in high school or recent high school graduates.
- Earn up to $525/week.
- Unlimited Metrocard provided.
- Uniform and Boots Provided.
- Program runs July 5, 2021 to August 13, 2021.
- Work fulltime (35hrs/week), Monday-Friday. 8:00am-3:30pm.
- Work in local parks (Van Cortlandt Park, Pelham Bay Park, Inwood Hill Park) doing hands-on trail work.
- Obtain valuable work-skills and green job training.
- Work in beautiful outdoor settings.
- Make lifelong friends!
- Work on teams with other High School team members (with 1-2 adult team leaders 21+)
- Serve to give back and better your local communities, parks and natural areas.
- If accepted into the program you MUST be available for the ENTIRE program!!
- Application deadline is May 1, 2021.
- This program is VERY competitive and not all applicants will be accepted into the program.
Applicants will be informed after the deadline in May if they have been accepted into the program. *Not all applicants will be accepted into the program.*
- If you need any assistance, please refer to the How to Apply section of our website.
- Please email NYC Program Manager; John Donovan at [email protected] once you have completed the application or if you have any questions.
The Student Conservation Association has been a leader in the Hurricane Sandy recovery and resiliency efforts at City, State and National Parks around NY and NJ. Visit our NYC Recovery site to see where we’ve been working and how much we have accomplished in the New York and New Jersey Metropolitan Area.