On February 7th, ﬂurries were in the air and over a foot of snow already blanketed Roberto Clemente State Park in the Bronx. But that didn’t stop 65 volunteers from coming out to the riverfront for February’s ConSERVE NYC event.Read more
New York City, NY
New York City Community Crews
SCA’s 2017 Community Crew Programs will have crews of High School students aged 15-19, serving in various parks throughout New York City’s five boroughs.
Program Dates: July 10th through August 18th. If accepted you must be available for the entirety of the program.
As a member of NYC’s Community Crew Programs you will:
- Earn $11.00 per hour!
- Serve 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday (7:30 AM-4:00PM)
- Members will meet at various National and City Park sites.
- Work on crews of 10 High School crew members (with 1-2 adult crew leaders 21+)
- Serve to give back and better your local communities, parks and natural areas.
- Participate in weekly environmental education and recreational activities to include: kayaking, hiking, trips to organic farms, wastewater facilities and museums.
- Please submit application by May 15th.
- If you need any assistance please refer to the How to Apply section of our website.
- Please email NYC Program Coordinator; John Donovan at [email protected] once you have completed the application or if you have any questions.
Related Posts & Program Information
The Student Conservation Association has been a leader in the Hurricane Sandy recovery and resiliency efforts at City, State and National Parks around NY and NJ. Visit our NYC Recovery site to see where we’ve been working and how much we have accomplished in the New York and New Jersey Metropolitan Area.