THE APPLICATION PERIOD FOR THE 2021 CLEVELAND HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER PROGRAM IS NOW OPEN.
SCA’s 2021 Cleveland High School Summer Program will employ a crew for high school members, aged 14-19, working in natural areas throughout the Cleveland Metroparks. The crews will work Monday through Friday each week during the summer program. Members work 32 hours per week.
Applicants must be at least 14 years of age to participate in high school programs. Members must be currently in high school or recent high school graduates. Selected applicants that will be under the age of 16 by the program start date will need a Workers Permit to be hired by the SCA. Link for instructions on how to apply for Workers Permit here.
- Earn up to $1,758 (pre-tax).
- Uniform and Boots Provided.
- Program runs June 28, 2021 to August 6, 2021.
- Work 32 hrs/week, Monday-Thursday, 8:30 am - 4 pm (*includes one half hour unpaid lunch break); Fridays 8:30 am - 12:30 pm (these days will be environmental education half-days)
- Ability to meet on-site daily at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo for transportation to and from work sites.
- Work in local Cleveland Metroparks sites doing hands-on work.
- Obtain valuable work-skills and green jobs training.
- Work in beautiful outdoor settings and make lifelong friends!
- Work on teams with other High School team members (with 2 adult team leaders 21+)
- Serve to give back and better your local communities and natural areas.
- If accepted into the program you MUST be available for the ENTIRE length of the six-week program!
- Applications are filling on a rolling basis, apply early!
- This program is VERY competitive and not all applicants will be accepted into the program.
Select applicants will be invited to an interview and will be informed of their position offer by early June.
1. Sign Up
- Visit http://mysca.force.com/member/NewRegistration and follow the steps to create a username and password
- Log in to MySCA using the username and password you created
2. Complete an Application
- Complete the Basic Application and complete the Community
- Crew program application then submit!
If you need any assistance, please refer to the How to Apply section of our website.
Please email Program Manager; Daiva Gylys at [email protected] once you have completed the application or if you have any questions!