THE APPLICATION PERIOD AND POSITION DETAILS FOR THE 2022 CLEVELAND HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER PROGRAM ARE POSTED!
Summer PROGRAM – HIGH SCHOOL
In summer 2022, 1 crew will serve at sites in Cleveland Metroparks. Participants will have the opportunity to build trails, and restore habitat while exploring green career opportunities.
During the program, participants learn how to work as members of a diverse team of peers; gain knowledge of public land resources, environmental issues, and career readiness skills; increase understanding of environmental and trail restoration techniques; acquire experience in public service and outdoor recreation; and develop valuable professional skills through teambuilding and leadership activities. Click here for the downloadable hiring ﬂyer.
Summer PROGRAM – Young Adults
Ages 21+. 10 week paid leadership position leading Cleveland youth in SCA conservation crews and projects within Cleveland Metroparks.
Help lead the way to a sustainable future by leading young people in a conservation service project. You won’t just supervise but will mentor, motivate, and inspire. Along the way, you’ll gain experience and expertise in areas as diverse as trail building, habitat restoration, and visitor outreach. Click here for the downloadable hiring ﬂyer.
June 27 - August 5, 8:30AM-3:30PM, Monday - Friday
Conditions of Employment:
- SCA Employees over the age of 18 are required to demonstrate full vaccination status for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19); OR Receive from SCA a reasonable accommodation granting an exemption from vaccine requirements based on a medical disability or because of religious belief.
- To be a member of the high school crew applicants must be at least 14 years of age or in high school.
·High school applicants must have a workers permit to be hired by the SCA. Link for instructions on how to apply for Workers Permit here.
- To be a leader of the high school crew applicants must be 21 years of age or higher.
- Other requirements vary by position.
- Crew Members will be paid $910hour (32 hr/week/6 weeks) paid every other Friday.
- Crew Leaders will be paid $700/week (40 hours/weeks/9 weeks) paid every other Friday.
- If you are interested in LEADING a Pittsburgh Community Crew: Click Login or Sign Up. Create a profile, complete the basic application and then select Leader Application (must be 21 or over).
- If you are interested in being a HIGH SCHOOL MEMBER working for Cleveland Metroparks Community Crew: Click Login or Sign Up. Create a profile, complete the basic application, and then select Community Application.
**Once your application is complete, you MUST email Joanna at [email protected]esca.org with the position of interest listed in the subject line. This is the only way for us to know your application has been submitted. **
FOR HIGHEST CONSIDERATION APPLY BY May 1, 2022.
Fall job opportunities for young adults and high school students. Check back in July.
To contact SCA’s Community Program, email [email protected] or call 412-356-3300 in our Pittsburgh oﬃce.
In the News