LGBTQIA+ SCHOOL YEAR PROGRAM IN ATLANTA
The Student Conservation Association’s (SCA) 2022 Atlanta Fall LGBTQIA+ School Year Program will be a team of 1 Crew Leader and 5 High School aged Crew Members.
This crew is a LGBTQIA+ aﬃnity crew, meaning that any members hired must self-identify as someone in the LGBTQIA+ umbrella/ community. This program aims to provide an empowering social and service experience that promote self-expression, self-acceptance, leadership development and conservation stewardship.
The crew will meet for 8 weeks for virtual learning and in-person Saturday service projects across the Atlanta Metro region. This crew will work with a variety of local partners to engage in hands-on service projects. Program dates are: 10/3/22-12/3/22 (Week of Thanksgiving off). The crew will meet virtually/in-person on Wednesdays evenings for two hours to participate in an environmental education curriculum and perform prep and planning for the upcoming in person service projects on Saturdays. Hands-on projects will include: invasive species management, trail maintenance and erosion control, tree planting and maintenance, urban farming and gardening, and more! The crew will take part in environmental education and green job readiness activities throughout the week.
- October 3rd - December 3rd, 2022 (Week of Thanksgiving off)
Conditions of Employment:
- Sign Up
- Visit http://mysca.force.com/member/NewRegistration and follow the steps to create a username and password
- Log in to MySCA using the username and password you created
- Complete an Application
- Create a profile, complete the “Community” basic application and then select Member Application when prompted.
- Once complete, you MUST email [email protected] with the position of interest listed in the subject line.
FOR HIGHEST CONSIDERATION APPLY BY August 29th, 2022. Applicants are highly encouraged to apply early as positions are filled on a rolling basis. Questions? Contact Jonathan Johnson at [email protected].