August 19, 2019 to June 28, 2020
PA Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
The Student Conservation Association (SCA) partnering with AmeriCorps to administer the 2019-20 Historic Preservation Corps. This internship provides training and hands-on learning experiences in historic preservation and natural resource stewardship. The internship will be from (tbd) followed by a 42 week internship in public lands sites across the country.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Interested in working outside
- Positive attitude
- Training at tbd
- from tbd
- 42 week placement in the field
- Interns will be placed in pairs
- Assist partners in completing historic preservation projects on structures and monuments of historical significance.
- Assist partners in completing projects on lands and trails of historical value.
- Housing provided
- Travel allowance
- Bi-weekly living allowance
- AmeriCorps education award of $5,775
- Optional Health Insurance
- Training and professional development
- SCA/AmeriCorps clothing and gear
Main Area of Focus
Cultural/Historical Resource Mgmt
Education, Training & Skills Expected