September 6, 2020 to October 31, 2020
Bayou Preservation Association
Two 8-week Intensive Bacteria Monitoring Interns
Primary responsibilities include:
- investigate bacteria sources in the most bacteria impaired water ways;
- water sampling using Texas Stream Team protocals;
- conducting wind shield surveys;
- collect targeted bacteria samples;
- laboratory analysis to detect bacteria;
- follow up field sampling;
- computer data entry and summary of data analysis for a potential presentation.
Living allowance, $320 per week
Commuter Allowance, $20 per week
East-Central Houston, primarily within the Beltway 8 loop.
Water quality monitoring, bacteria sampling, and quality assurance, and data entry. techniques
If time permits there may be opportunities for the interns to attend Bayou Preservation Association technical program committee meetings.
Training in water quality monitoring and laboratory protocals.
Main Area of Focus
Natural Resources Mgmt
Education, Training & Skills Expected