Program Dates: Mar 1 – July 24, 2021 (crew members on site March 15 – July 17, 2021). Leader will start season with week of virtual leader training and time on-site before members.
- Act as a crew leader for three young adults (18+) to inspire and teach crew members, promote healthy group dynamics, and facilitate effective and productive teamwork;
- Function as a technical advisor, assisting in training corps members to complete quality work with guidance and direction from the US Forest Service supervisor;
- Serve as a partnership representative managing relationships with the agency partner and ensuring successful and timely completion of work projects;
- Perform tasks as a program administrator by communicating with SCA staff, completing documentation and managing a budget; and
- Work variable hours, at remote locations, on diﬃcult and hazardous terrain, in varying weather conditions, and under physically demanding circumstances.
- Use technical equipment including a chainsaw, backpack sprayer and other hand tools.