Conservation Begins Here.
The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America’s #1 conservation service organization seeks qualified applicants to lead, educate, and inspire our high school youth crews for the Philadelphia Community Summer program.
Program Dates: Early July 2018 – Mid-August 2018
Training Dates: June 4th, 2018 – June 14th, 2018
- Act as a Crew Manager guiding crew dynamics and facilitating teamwork
- Function as a Technical Advisor assisting in training crew members to complete quality work
- Serve as a Partnership Representative managing relationships with agency partner and ensuring successful and timely completion of work projects
- Perform tasks as a Program Administrator by communicating with SCA staff, completing documentation and managing a budget
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must have ability to legally work in the US
- Valid driver’s license and MVR that meets SCA standards required
- Ability to meet SCA’s criminal background check standards
- Must be able to attend mandatory Crew Leader training: (June 4th – June 14th)
- Current First Aid certification & CPR required by the start of the training
- Experience working with youth or young adults (15-19), teaching in an educational environment a plus
- Experience and/or interest in working with youth with autism or other disabilities, preferred.
- Experience with conservation work skills or related skills, preferred i.e. trail maintenance, trail construction, carpentry, landscaping, and gardening, plant identification
- Ability to perform manual, physical labor for up to 8 hours per day, exposed to the elements and must occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds or more
- Must have personal housing arrangements
Compensation: $600/week total salary
To Apply: Click Login or Sign Up. Create a profile, complete the basic application and then select the Leader Application when prompted. Please be sure to upload your cover letter, resume & 3 references. Once your application is complete, please email [email protected] with the position of interest listed in the subject line so we may review your application.
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org