Conservation Begins Here.
The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America’s #1 conservation service organization seeks qualified applicants to lead, educate, and inspire 10-12 high school students for the Philadelphia Area Community Restoration programs.
Fall—October 2017-December 2017 (weekends only)
Spring—January 2018-June 2018 (weekends only)
- Co-lead, mentor, and coach a crew of 10-12 high school students
- Completing various conservation service projects designed to build an ethic of community and environmental stewardship
- Facilitate pre- and post-program planning which includes crew training, environmental education, and reporting.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must have ability to legally work in the US
- Current First Aid certification & CPR required by the start of the training
- Experience working with youth or young adults in an educational setting
- Experience with conservation work skills or related skills, preferred i.e. trail maintenance, trail construction, chainsaw, carpentry, landscaping, and gardening
- Ability to perform manual, physical labor for up to 8 hours per day, exposed to the elements and must occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds or more
- Valid driver’s license and MVR that meets SCA standards required
- Ability to meet SCA’s criminal background check standards
Compensation: $15 USD/hour
To Apply: Click Login or Sign Up. Create a profile; when prompted complete the Basic, Leader, and Final application sections. Please be sure to upload your cover letter, resume & 3 references. Once your application is complete, please email [email protected] with the position of interest listed in the subject line so we may review your application.
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org