The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America’s #1 conservation service organization seeks qualified applicants to lead, educate, and inspire high school students for Seattle/Northwest Community programs.
Seattle and Edmonds: July 10th – August 18th 2017
- Co-lead, mentor and coach a crew of 10 students, ages 15-19
- Lead various conservation service projects designed to build an ethic of community and environmental stewardship. Projects include a range from trail and park maintenance, habitat restoration, to urban agriculture
- Leaders will facilitate pre and post program planning which includes crew training, environmental education, job readiness and youth leadership and reporting
- Crews run Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 4:00pm. Crew Leader will be responsible for some after hours and weekend prep.
- Leader responsible for managing work outcomes and crew dynamics
- Facilitate team operations: food planning, tools, equipment, and vehicles. Manage budget and necessary purchasing for crew and project
- Manage project/member risk to maintain a safe work environment
- Promote leadership development within team and evaluate success/potential
- Work collaboratively with agency on program logistics
- Ensure successful completion of work project
- Ensure compliance of SCA Risk Management policies and procedures
- Represent SCA in a positive and professional manner
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must have ability to legally work in the US
- Must be able to attend mandatory Crew Leader training in June 2017
- Current First Aid & CPR required by the start of training: Wilderness First Aid preferred
- Experience working with youth or young adults (ages 15-19), teaching in an educational environment a plus
- Experience with conservation work skills or related skills preferred (i.e. trail maintenance, trail construction, chainsaw, carpentry, landscaping, and gardening)
- Ability to perform manual, physical labor for up to 8 hours per day, exposed to the elements and must occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds or more
- Valid driver’s license for 3 years and MVR that meets SCA standards required
- Ability to meet SCA’s criminal background check standards
- Must have personal housing arrangements in the program city for Seattle/Edmonds crews
Compensation: $675/week depending on experience & program length
To Apply: Click Login or Sign Up. Create a profile; complete the basic, leader, and final application sections when prompted. Please be sure to upload your cover letter, resume & 3 references. Once your application is complete, please email [email protected] with the position of interest listed in the subject line so we may review your application.
Conservation Begins Here.
SCA Is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org