The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America’s #1 conservation service organization seeks qualified applicants to lead, educate, and inspire young adults from Mobile, Alabama.
Program Dates: 5/10/2017 – 8/4/2017
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Co-manage a team of 10 local young adults during the work day and guide them through hands on service projects and environmental education curriculum. Restore and conserve habitat, as well as enhance community resilience and restore the Gulf economy through the completion of priority restoration projects throughout the Gulf. Manage the team as they conduct invasive species removal, shoreline restoration, water quality monitoring, and other management activities on habitat located on public and private lands throughout Mobile. This project is part of an initial SCA demonstration project of gulf restoration following the settlement of the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill disaster. There will be future leadership and career opportunities in coastal restoration and employment in the expanding gulf restoration economy.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must have ability to legally work in the US
- Current First Aid certification & CPR required (Wilderness First Responder preferred)
- Prior experience supervising groups of urban youth or young adults in an outdoor setting
- Preferred: Urban outdoor programming experience
- Experience with conservation work skills or related skills, preferred i.e. carpentry, historic preservation, trail maintenance, trail construction, landscaping, and gardening
- Ability to perform manual, physical labor for up to 8 hours per day, exposed to the elements and must occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds or more
- Valid driver’s license and MVR that meets SCA standards required
- Ability to meet SCA’s criminal background check standards
- Leaders must be able to provide their own housing arrangements
Compensation: $545 per week, total salary depending on experience.
To Apply: Click Login or Sign Up. Create a profile; when prompted complete the Basic, Leader, and Final application sections. Please be sure to upload your cover letter, resume & 3 references. Once your application is complete, please email [email protected] with the position of interest listed in the subject line so we may review your application.
Conservation Begins Here.
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org