The SCA is a national non-profit changing lives through hands-on conservation work in the outdoors. Our program participants protect and restore national parks, marine sanctuaries, cultural landmarks and community green spaces at various locations across the country. After working with the SCA, program participants emerge with increased environmental awareness, social responsibility and leadership skills.
Through its Urban Green Program, the SCA provides young people with paid green jobs, including single-day service projects, seasonal work and year-long internships or fellowships. In New York City, the SCA has been fielding crews since 1999. Applicants must be ages 14-19 to participate in NYC Community Programs. Crew members must be currently in high school or recent high school graduates.
The focus of the program is on conservation stewardship projects. Also included will be lessons and activities about environmental education, climate change awareness, Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI), green jobs preparedness and financial literacy. This program is very competitive and not all applicants will be accepted.
- Earn up to $450/week.
- Unlimited MetroCard provided.
- Uniform and Boots Provided.
- Program runs July 10 – Aug. 18, 2023.
- Serve (30hrs./week), Monday-Friday. 8 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Work in local parks doing hands-on trail work.
- Obtain valuable work-skills and green job training.
- Work in beautiful outdoor settings.
- Make lifelong friends!
- Work on teams with other High School team members (with 1-2 adult team leaders 21+)
- Serve to give back and better your local communities, parks and natural areas.
- Helen Gurley Brown Foundation
- Natural Areas Conservancy
- NYC Parks
- National Park Service
- NY State Parks
- The Edward S. Moore Foundation
- The Robert M. Schiffman Foundation
- Cardinal Hayes High School
- Academy of Mount Saint Ursula
- St. Catharine’s Academy
- Stephen T. Mather Building Arts and Craftsmanship High School
SCA New York City
Pablo Galesi, NYC Program Staff
Email: [email protected]