Adirondack AmeriCorps Program
Late May – Early October
Number of members: 24
ADK Winter Corps
Mid October – Mid March
Number of members: 4
The SCA Adirondack AmeriCorps Program is a partnership between the Student Conservation Association, The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation and the Corporation for National and Community Service. Since 1998, SCA ADK AmeriCorps has provided nearly 400,000 hours of service to the lands and people of New York. Each year, 22 volunteers contribute more than 20,000 service hours completing conservation service projects that improve and protect the state’s cultural, recreational and natural resources.
Training & Certification Opportunities
- Defensive Driver Training
- Teamwork, Leadership, Risk Management and Conﬂict Resolution Skills Training
- Wilderness Advanced First Aid (WAFA) and CPR Certification
- Leave No Trace (LNT) Outdoor Ethics
- Comprehensive Trail Construction & Maintenance Skills including Native Timber & Stonework
- Game of Logging Chainsaw Certification*
- Basic Rigging*
- ACA Canoe Training
- Back Country Living Skills
- Crew Management and Leadership
- Diversity & Inclusion training
(* members will specialize in one of these skills)
Members receive full room and board, a weekly living stipend, and an AmeriCorps education award.
- Applicants must be US citizens, as we are an AmeriCorps program.
- Applicants should be in good physical condition and should enjoy hard work outdoors.
- Applicants should possess the ability to live and work in a small, close-knit group.
- Applicants must have good interpersonal communication skills.
- Outdoors or trail experience preferred but not necessary.