Serve as a member of the Wilderness/Trails crew assisting with various duties:
- Clear and maintain National Forest System trails with handtools, handsaws and crosscut/chainsaws (pending training and certification available on the District).
- Accompany Wilderness Ranger with backcountry/wilderness patrols conducting trail work, educating public on rules/regulations, complete monitoring tasks, naturalize campsites.
- Assist developed recreation crews with campground, trailhead and developed site maintenance as assigned.
- Take part in recreation, trails and wilderness projects with volunteer and partner groups.
- Assist with pack stock care fence/facility maintenance.
The work is performed outdoors requiring walking on steep and uneven terrain, exposure to adverse weather, performing physical labor, bending, and carrying a pack and tools. Must be PHYSICALLY FIT to be successful in this internship.
– $1,100- one time RT travel allowance
– $400 – weekly living allowance + $20 commuting allowance (combined)
– Member ExpenseFunding $200 (Receipts required for reimbursement)
– Housing on site provided
– Field Work Uniform Package
– Personal Program Advisor
– AmeriCorps Award (valued at $1,718+) at fulfillment of position requirements and 450 hours
*All allowances subject to applicable federal, state, and local taxes
Position ID: PO-00735467
Expected Dates: June 19, 2023 - October 1, 2023
Training Provided: Chainsaw training
Main Area of Focus: Backcountry/Trail work
AmeriCorps Eligible: Eligible
Driving Logistics: Required
Distance to amenities
Housing or Stipend Provided?
A. Partner will provide suitable housing for the member
US Citizenship: Yes