Community Outreach Coordinator
Training Dates: (paid mandatory training) *subject to change
Location (City and State): San Jose, Santa Clara County, CA
Under the direction of the Executive Director of the Northern Santa Clara Resource Conservation District, the incumbent coordinates and performs activities related to District natural resources conservation outreach, education and/or research programs and projects. Scope of responsibilities may be adjusted according to classification and/or schedule, but generally in this position, an employee would be expected to effectively and successfully:
• Coordinate assigned program activities with other District staff, contractors, and/or partners.
• Develop and deliver inclusive and equitable community and stakeholder outreach.
• Provide logistical support for site visits and field work related to assigned District programs and
• Collect, catalog and correlate data for use by the District in implementation, monitoring
and/or evaluation of District programs and projects.
• Assist with the development of potential projects in line with the District’s mission and
goals around climate adaptation and environmental justice.
• Maintain collaborative working relationships with members of federal, state, regional, tribal, and
local governments, including other resource conservation districts, community based organizations,
historically underserved and disadvantaged populations, and other entities and populations involved
in or impacted by natural resource issues.
• Perform administrative duties related to assigned program activities, including reports,
meetings, record maintenance and timekeeping.
• Ensure compliance with grant and regulatory requirements while completing assigned tasks.
• Engage with others in a respectful and culturally appropriate manner.
• Represent the District in a positive and proactive manner.
• Perform additional tasks or responsibilities as directed by the Executive Director.
• Experience and/or education in one or more fields related to agriculture and/or natural resource
• Experience conducting community outreach.
• Ability to work collaboratively with government entities, community organizations, environmental
stakeholders, members of historically underserved and disadvantaged communities, and/or other
• Ability to work effectively in a variety of work environments (e.g., in an office, remotely from home,
in the field, etc.).
• Ability to produce timely and quality work products, both individually and as a member of a team.
• Ability to write and produce simple technical reports and documents.
• Proficiency in speaking, writing, and reading the English language.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office.
• High school diploma or GED credential.
- First Aid and CPR certified or ability to obtain prior to start date
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Must have the ability to legally work in the US
- Must have own vehicle – travel reimbursement for work travel available
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to meet SCA’s criminal background check standards
• Working knowledge of natural resource concerns in Santa Clara County.
• Demonstrated proficiency in speaking, writing and reading a second language other than English
that is spoken by a recognized percentage of District constituents.
• Ability to work in the field (negotiating uneven and steep terrain, carrying supplies and equipment,
planting, etc.) during all seasons.
• For positions requiring field work, possession of an appropriate and valid California driver's license,
auto insurance in the employee’s name, and readily available access to a vehicle licensed to be
driven on State and local highways and roads.
• Request for waivers of minimum requirements or special accommodations may be considered
depending on the required duties for individual positions.
- 20 hours/week, $25/hour
- Travel for training covered by SCA
- Training includes outreach skills, risk management, community engagement, environmental justice and more.
Position ID: PO-00736054
Expected Dates: April 22, 2024 - October 20, 2024
1560 Berger Drive
San Jose, CA 95112
Main Area of Focus: Education and Interpretation
AmeriCorps Eligible: Eligible
Driving Logistics: Required
Housing or Stipend Provided?
D. No housing is available