LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
The Isla Vista Recreation and Park District is looking for for one, part time intern to assist the District in the stewardship of park units.
COMMUNITY EVENT ASSISTANT OR SPECIALIST
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Assist the Recreation Coordinator with the development, planning, coordination, and facilitation of community events, including themes, concepts, and objectives in relation to the District’s goals and Board initiatives.
- Develop and manage the District’s community event calendar.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local organizations, sponsors, and collaborative event partners.
- Manage and recruit volunteers for community events and coordinate the day of activities.
- Assist in the development of the community event budget and purchasing of event supplies.
- Establish, maintain, and manage relationships with vendors.
- Researches and recommends opportunities for special events and community partnerships.
- Available to work weekends and evenings as needed.
- Coordinates the work activities of employees and volunteers at events.
- Serves as a liaison between District departments, business owners, and vendors in the coordination of community events.
IMPORTANT APPLICANT INFORMATION
IVRPD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IVRPD complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. IVRPD expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IVRPD's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including termination.
Position ID: PO-00730763
Expected Dates: March 3, 2023 - August 31, 2023
961 Embarcadero Del Mar
Isla Vista, CA 93117
Handicap Accessible?: No
Main Area of Focus: Recreation Mgmt
AmeriCorps Eligible: Eligible
Driving Logistics: Not needed
Housing or Stipend Provided?
C.Partner will pay the SCA to provide housing allowance for the member.
US Citizenship: Yes