The NAS Jacksonville requires a single SCA Intern to assist Navy Natural Resource Manager (NRM) with field surveys. Specific duties entail:
- Review invasive plant surveys, delineate invasive plant distribution.
- Track changes in natural communities
- Create maps as necessary
- Identify and assess potential habitat for gopher tortoises and other species at risk
- Survey for listed plant species and animal species
- Record observations of all listed species and indications of habitat suitability for transfer to habitat community maps
- Conduct educational classes for tenants and youth groups
- Navy natural resources personnel shall have substantial involvement in all of these tasks.
Living Allowance: $300.00 per week
Relocation Travel; $1,100.00 one-time
Commuter Allowance: $50.00 per week
Housing: $1,000.00 per month
Duty-related travel/expenses: Up to $200 (reimbursable)
This position qualifies for an AmeriCorps Education Award.
*All allowances are subject to applicable federal, state, and local taxes.
It is SCA’s policy that all AmeriCorps-required background checks must return cleared results prior to the position’s start; this includes being fingerprinted for the FBI check. Otherwise, the AmeriCorps award will be removed or the position’s start date will be delayed due to non-compliance.
Conditions of Employment
Required to demonstrate full vaccination status for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) with a food and Drug Administration (FDA) authorized or FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Position ID: PO-00735126
Expected Dates: November 6, 2023 - August 4, 2024
6801 Roosevelt Blvd.
Jacksonville, FL 32212
Handicap Accessible?: No
Main Area of Focus: Natural Resources Mgmt
AmeriCorps Eligible: Eligible
Housing or Stipend Provided?
C.Partner will pay the SCA to provide housing allowance for the member.
US Citizenship: Yes