Native Youth Climate Adaptation Leadership Congress (NYCALC)
The Administrative and Support Assistant
- $600/week living allowance*
*All federal, state, and local taxes are applied to allowances.
Please note: This position is a virtual remote position with a three-week travel assignment to the National Conservation Training Center in Shepherdstown West Virginia (June 12 – July 1, 2023). All travel and travel costs will be covered and arranged by New Mexico Wildlife Federation.
The Administrative and Support Assistant will be responsible for working with the National Conservation Training Center to implement the Native Youth Climate Adaptation Leadership Congress (NYCALC) established US Fish & Wildlife program and Bureau of Indian Affairs, and assist the coordinators, facilitators, and other staff.
Because of the specific focus of this Congress, NYCALC is seeking indigenous candidates for this role. All candidates are welcome to apply and will be considered based on their qualifications.
- Provide logistic assistance for NYCALC to NCTC Scheduling Events Management (SEM) to execute lodging assignments, travel/shuttle schedules, and internal transportation for service projects for all participants and guests.
- Develop workshop schedule, student workshop selection process, coordinate on-site logistics
- Co-Coordinate River Trips (possibly develop outreach tool, video)
- Co-Coordinate Career Fair Design and deliver documents, including but not limited to posters, agendas, briefings, and information packets. Draft emails, make phone calls, and meet in person to deliver workshops, speaker slots, and activities. Assist in program training and evaluation design and delivery.
- Review and edit documents and communications. Assist in social media-related activities and executing communication plans.
- Draft annual report
Minimum Education Level and Major Requirement
Undergraduate rising seniors and seniors who have not yet completed their degree requirements and are pursuing a degree in biological sciences, education/outreach, social sciences, humanities, or other closely related fields.
Strong social media and networking skills
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until March 6th.
Position ID: PO-00734671
Expected Dates: May 1, 2023 - July 28, 2023
Main Area of Focus: Cultural/Historical Resource Mgmt
AmeriCorps Eligible: Not Reviewed
Driving Logistics: Recommended
Housing or Stipend Provided?
A. Partner will provide suitable housing for the member
Housing will be provided to the intern for the travel period of June 12 - July 1, 2023. This position is a virtual remote position with the exception of this travel period.
US Citizenship: Yes