Join the staff at a historic Historic Washington State Park in their efforts to preserve and interpret our state’s rich and varied history. Job tasks will vary by location but may include cataloging artifacts or archival collections, historical research, interviewing and transcribing oral histories, developing and presenting educational programs, giving guided tours of historical facilities, and other related tasks. Work locations will be announced prior to closing date.
To qualify for an internship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be a full-time student in good standing at an Arkansas college/university at the time of application.
- Have declared a degree of study.
- Have completed 60 hours of college credit by the time the internship begins.
- Be an Arkansas resident paying in-state tuition.
- Maintain a 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
- Demonstrate coursework or knowledge related to work area.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Pass a criminal background check
- Have reliable on-site transportation
Priority will be given to interns from universities who provide course credit hours for internships. Selected interns will coordinate directly with their universities to obtain credit for their work.
Each intern selected will receive:
- Housing and utilities, where available
- A one-time travel grant of $1,100 for round trip transportation to the internship site
- A weekly subsistence allowance of $360 during the internship period
- An approved uniform.
- An AmeriCorps Educational Award, if and when available, for interns that meet the qualifications set by the Corporation for National and Community Service.
These positions qualify for AmeriCorps Education Awards.
*All allowances are subject to applicable federal, state, and local taxes.
It is SCA’s policy that all AmeriCorps-required background checks must return cleared results prior to the position’s start; this includes being fingerprinted for the FBI check. Otherwise, the AmeriCorps award will be removed or the position’s start date will be delayed due to non-compliance.
Conditions of Employment
For SCA’s COVID guidance, please refer to www.thesca.org/covid
Position ID: PO-00734672
Expected Dates: May 15, 2023 - August 13, 2023
1 Capitol Mall
Little Rock, AR 72201
Training Provided: Training opportunities will consist of on-the-job training in historical research, archiving, or interpretive development
Educational/Recreational Opportunities: Opportunities will vary by site but will certainly include hands-on education in historical and/or living history education. Recreation opportunities may include hiking trails, fishing, boating, swimming, or nearby museums.
Main Area of Focus: Education and Interpretation
AmeriCorps Eligible: Eligible
Driving Logistics: Recommended
Housing or Stipend Provided?
A. Partner will provide suitable housing for the member
Housing will vary by site but will be a house or apartment, not shared with others. Basic furnishings may be provided. Living on site is not required.
US Citizenship: Yes