The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS), HQ National Wildlife Refuge System, Division of Budget, Performance and Workforce (BPW) in cooperation with the Branch of Aquatic Habitat and Species Conservation (BAHSC) seeks one Digital Media intern to work 40 hours per week in a paid internship position for a duration of 52 weeks. The intern will work in a remote capacity. Upon successful completion of this internship the selected partner-hire could become eligible to apply for future positions under the Public Lands Corps Act non-competitive hiring authority.
Preference will be give to recent era military veterans.
- The Placement will also work and communicate with the National Army Liaison during their fellowship.
- Fellow will be expected to participate in scheduled conference calls, webinars, and meetings conducted throughout their term.
- Fellow is expected to produce and obtain content (e.g. social media posts, stories, maps, photos and videos) for Army funded projects.
- Projects include species planning level surveys, conservation resiliency, and habitat restoration projects that will be conducted by USFWS staff as well as Conservation Corp Crews and interns throughout the U.S. By working with USFWS staff, Army installation natural resource and public affairs staff, and USFWS partners the Fellow will help generate content showing the results and success of USFWS Army partnership.
- Develop graphics and infographics promoting projects funded under the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service FWS Youth Corps program
- Create digital media and outreach tools to support Public Lands Corps Act partner development
- Develop internal content in SharePoint, Power BI, and power aps
- Knowledge and ability to develop digital media content on a variety of platforms.
- Knowledge and experience with building interactive reports in Excel
- Experience with the Microsoft power app suite.
- Knowledge and ability to develop SharePoint Online content, Power apps, and Power BI.
- Knowledge and ability to develop content from a variety of application sources
- $600 / week living allowance (Equivalent to $15/hr at 40 hours per week)
- $3,000 – duty related travel and other (for potential week-long trip to D.C. for orientation and for work related equipment)
*All allowances subject to applicable federal, state, and local taxes
* Please note that housing will not be provided as a part of this internship.
Position ID: PO-00735881
Expected Dates: November 13, 2023 - November 8, 2024
5275 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, VA 22041
Main Area of Focus: Visitor Services and Site Operations
AmeriCorps Eligible: Not Reviewed
Driving Logistics: Not needed
Housing or Stipend Provided?
D. No housing is available
US Citizenship: Yes