The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America’s #1 conservation service organization seeks qualified applicants to lead, educate, and inspire high school students for the Pittsburgh Summer Crew Programs.
Program Dates: June through August, 2017, with paid training May 18th -29th
Co-lead, mentor and coach a crew of 10 students, ages 15 – 19, while completing various conservation projects designed to build an ethic of community and environmental stewardship. Projects include a range of activities such as trail and park maintenance, habitat restoration, revitalization of abandoned urban properties or to urban agriculture and run for 5-6 weeks at a time. In addition, leaders will facilitate pre and post program planning which includes crew training, environmental education, and reporting.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must have ability to legally work in the US
- Current First Aid & CPR required by the start of training
- Experience working with youth or young adults (ages 14-18)
- Experience as a teacher or leader in educational environment
- Experience with conservation work skills or related skills preferred (i.e. trail maintenance, trail construction, chainsaw, carpentry, landscaping, and gardening)
- Ability to perform manual, physical labor for up to 8 hours per day, exposed to the elements
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds or more
- Must be able to attend mandatory Crew Leader training
- Valid driver’s license and MVR that meets SCA standards required
- Ability to meet SCA’s criminal background check standards
- Must have personal housing arrangements in the program city
Compensation: Up to $5760 total salary depending on experience & crew length. Crew Leader Training & Work Skills (travel, food & lodging provided).
To Apply: Click Login or Sign Up. Create a profile; complete the basic, leader, and final application sections when prompted. Please be sure to upload your cover letter, resume & 3 references. Once your application is complete, please email [email protected] with “SCA Pittsburgh Community Crew Leader” listed in the subject line so we may review your application.
Conservation Begins Here.
SCA Is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org