The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America’s #1 conservation service organization seeks 2 qualified applicants to lead, educate, and inspire youth for the Philadelphia, PA & Camden, NJ Summer Community Programs.
Program Dates: July through August 2017 (exact dates TBA) must be able to attend mandatory Crew Leader training in June
- Co-lead, mentor and coach a crew of 6-10 students, ages 15-19
- Lead various conservation service projects designed to build an ethic of community and environmental stewardship. Projects include a range from trail and park maintenance, habitat restoration, small construction projects to urban agriculture/gardening
- Leaders will facilitate crew training, environmental education, job readiness and youth leadership activities, and reporting
- Work Monday – Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm; Crew Leaders will be responsible for some afterhours meetings
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must have ability to legally work in the US
- Must be able to attend mandatory Crew Leader training (10 days in June, specific dates TBA)
- Current First Aid & CPR required by the start of training
- Experience working with youth or young adults (ages 14-18), teaching in an educational environment a plus
- Experience with conservation work skills or related skills, preferred (i.e. trail maintenance, trail construction, chainsaw, carpentry, landscaping, and gardening)
- Ability to perform manual, physical labor for up to 8 hours per day, exposed to the elements and must occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds or more
- Valid driver’s license for 3 years and MVR that meets SCA standards required
- Ability to meet SCA’s criminal background check standards
- Must have personal housing arrangements in or near program city
Compensation: Starting at $15/hour depending on experience & program length
To Apply: Click Login or Sign Up. Create a profile; complete the basic, leader, and final application sections when prompted. Please be sure to upload your cover letter, resume & 3 references. Once your application is complete, please email [email protected] with the position of interest listed in the subject line so we may review your application.
Conservation Begins Here.
SCA Is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org