The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America’s #1 conservation service organization, seeks a qualified applicant to lead, educate, and inspire young adults for the Pennsylvania Outdoor Corps’s Greensburg program. The crew leader will join 10 members and co-leader currently working in the field to conduct a variety of resource management tasks with Pennsylvania State Parks and Forests. The Greensburg crew’s work will have an emphasis on rustic construction and facility maintenance, with additional projects including trail maintenance and vegetation management. The crew leader will be responsible for working with their co-leader to train members in work skills, manage project outcomes, ensure worksite safety and complete administrative tasks.
Start Date: As Soon as Available
End Date: November 17th, 2017
- Supervise 10 members between the ages of 18 and 25 in an outdoor setting
- Provide technical oversight of field work to ensure quality project outcomes
- Promote leadership development on crew through training and education
- Mitigate project and member risks to ensure safe working conditions
- Coordinate crew operations, including food, equipment and vehicle logistics
- Manage crew administration tasks, including member time sheets, budget tracking, project documentation and report writing
- Foster relationship with agency partners and act as liaison between crew, agency and SCA staff
- Represent SCA in a positive and professional manner
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must have ability to legally work in the US
- Current First Aid & CPR certification required by start date
- Experience supervising young adults, with outdoor leadership, education a plus
- Experience with conservation work skills or related skills, preferred i.e. trail maintenance and construction, carpentry, landscaping, and gardening
- Ability to perform manual, physical labor for up to 8 hours per day, exposed to the elements and must occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds or more
- Valid driver’s license and MVR that meets SCA standards required
- Ability to meet SCA’s criminal background check standards
- Must secure your own housing accommodations
Compensation: $600/week, employer-sponsored health, dental, vision, life, retirement
To Apply: Click Login or Sign Up. Create a profile, complete the basic application and then select the Leader Application when prompted. Please be sure to upload your cover letter, resume & 3 references. Once your application is complete, please email [email protected] with the position of interest listed in the subject line so we may review your application. Contact [email protected] for more specific information.
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org