Volunteer registration open now!
Link to register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sca-mlk-day-of-service-at-anacostia-park-tickets-500251454567
- Bus: The U2, V7, and V9 buses service the corner of Pennsylvania Ave. SE and Fairlawn Drive. From that corner, walk west on Fairlawn, turn right onto Nicholson Drive to Anacostia Drive. Visit WMATA for fares and route details.
- Green Line: Use Anacostia Station. Exit the station by following signs toward the Metro parking lot. Turn right and walk alongside road. Enter park through the fence gate.
- Blue/Orange/Silver Line: Exit at Potomac Ave. station. Walk southeast along Pennsylvania Ave. SE, and cross the bridge. If crossing from the north side of the bridge, immediately after crossing the bridge, turn left to follow the trail to Anacostia Drive. If crossing the south side of the bridge, follow the path to the right to Anacostia Drive. Visit WMATA for fares and route details.
- Bike: Perhaps the most pleasant way to arrive here is via the Anacostia River Trail. We are only a 30 minute (6.1 mile) bike ride from the Maryland state line. On route to the park we encourage you to enjoy the breeze, watch for deer grazing along the trail, and be on the lookout for bald eagles soaring overhead. You may even wish to stop by Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens on your way! Here are some maps provided by the District Department of Transportation.
- Click here for more public transportation info
- GPS Address: 1500 Anacostia Drive SE, Washington, D.C.
- Public parking lots and street parking are available at Anacostia Park.
- Click here to read more about parking at Anacostia Park
National Capital Program Manager