Conservation Begins Here.
The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America’s #1 conservation service organization seeks qualified applicants to lead, educate, and inspire young adults in Corps programs across the country.
Project Leaders are an integral part of the success of our teams and they will be expected to strive for proactive communication, create a culture of growth, and professionally represent themselves and SCA. The Project Leader position is filled with a diversity of tasks and responsibilities and offers a great opportunity to highly motivated candidates who are looking for an engaging and challenging atmosphere.
Program Dates: April – October, 2018
- As an SCA Project Leader you will serve as a teacher, supervisor, and role model for your crew.
- Facilitate team operations: food planning/purchasing, tools, equipment, and vehicles.
- Actively manage project/member risk to maintain a safe work environment.
- Supervise and assist the work skills training of corps members.
- Promote leadership development within the team and evaluate success and potential.
- Manage relationship with agency partner and work collaboratively with agency on program logistics.
- Ensure successful and timely completion of work project.
- Assist SCA Program Manager in budget management and reconciliation.
- Represent SCA in a professional and positive manner.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must have ability to legally work in the US
- Must be able to attend mandatory SCA Project Leader training: April 2018
- Current Wilderness First Responder certification & CPR required by the start of training
- Experience working with youth or young adults (ages 18-25), teaching in an educational environment preferred
- Experience with conservation work skills or related skills, preferred i.e. invasive species removal, native plantings, stream bank repair, trail maintenance, chainsaw, carpentry, landscaping, and gardening
- Ability to perform manual, physical labor for up to 10 hours per day, exposed to the elements and must occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds or more
- Hike up to 10 miles/day with a 50 pound pack
- Valid driver’s license and MVR that meets SCA standards required
- Ability to meet SCA’s criminal background check standards
- Must be willing to live at remote housing location throughout the season
- GIS/GPS data collection experience is a plus
Compensation: $600/week salary, health insurance, dental, food and housing provided all season.
To Apply: Click Login or Sign Up. Create a profile, complete the basic application and then select the Leader Application when prompted. Please be sure to upload your cover letter, resume & 3 references. Once your application is complete, please email [email protected] with Project Leader: Idaho Corps listed in the subject line so we may review your application.
For questions please contact SCA Program Manager Tim Carroll in Salmon, ID at [email protected] or (507) 250-5982.
We will begin reviewing applications and interviewing qualified applicants December – February 2018 for all western positions.
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org