Gift and Estate Planning

A gift in your will, living trust, or by beneficiary designation, is an exceptionally meaningful way to develop the next generation of conservation leaders.

We are grateful to the supporters who have already made the meaningful decision to pledge a gift for the future.

  • A gift in your will or by beneficiary designation requires no immediate donation.
  • You can change your mind at any time
  • You can leave a small percentage to Student Conservation Association after your loved ones are cared for
  • We welcome gifts in any amount

Make a tax-free Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD)

  • You must be 70½ years or older at the time of the gift
  • Gifts must be sent directly from your IRA to SCA
  • While your gift is not eligible for a tax deduction, you will not pay income taxes that would otherwise be due from the distribution

Contact your IRA administrator to request a QCD from your IRA to SCA. You may also be able to visit your online account portal to request a QCD.  A QCD is also sometimes called an IRA Charitable Rollover.

Please request that your administrator include your contact information with the distribution so we can ensure you receive the appropriate acknowledgment.

Include a gift in your will or living trust

You can add SCA to your existing will or trust by revising and re-executing the document at any time, or by executing a separate amendment called a codicil. You have several flexible options you can discuss with your attorney:

  • You can leave a percentage of your estate to charity
  • You can leave a defined sum
  • You can leave a percentage of funds left over after other gifts and debts are paid and your loved ones are provided for
  • You can make a secondary or contingent gift that only comes to Student Conservation Association if your other beneficiaries do not survive you or other specific gifts cannot be fulfilled

Name SCA as a beneficiary of your retirement plan or other account:

You can update your beneficiary designations on your retirement plan, life insurance, DAF succession plan, or other financial accounts to include Student Conservation Association as a primary or a secondary/contingent beneficiary by simply requesting a beneficiary designation form from your financial institution. In many cases, can you simply log on to your online account portal.


To make your gift, you’ll need our legal designation:

Student Conservation Association

Tax Identification Number: 91-0880684


We Would Love to Hear from You

To let us know that you’ve included a gift in your will or other estate plan, or if you would like more information, please contact [email protected] or call 888-722-9675 to learn more.


Student Conservation Association