Conservation Begins Here.
The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America’s #1 conservation service organization seeks qualified applicants to lead, educate, and inspire a team of adult corps members for the 2018 Fort Monroe Historic Preservation Corps in Fort Monroe, VA.
Project Leaders are an integral part of the success of our teams and they will be expected to strive for proactive communication, create a culture of growth, and professionally represent themselves and SCA. The Project Leader position is filled with a diversity of tasks and responsibilities and offers a great opportunity to highly motivated candidates who are looking for an engaging and challenging atmosphere.
Program Dates: June 7th – August 17th, 2018, ﬂexible depending on training (see below)
- Lead 6 young adult members from the local area in restoring historic buildings and structures at Fort Monroe National Monument.
- Act as Crew Manager guiding crew dynamics and facilitating teamwork.
- Work with park Historic Preservation staff to guide and mentor members to complete quality work.
- Serve as a Partnership Representative managing relationship with agency partner and ensuring successful and timely completion of work projects.
- Perform tasks as a Program Administrator by communicating with SCA staff, completing documentation and managing a budget.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must have ability to legally work in the US
- Must attend mandatory Crew Leader training: 5/14-5/24 or 6/4-6/14
- Current First Aid (WFA Preferred) and CPR certification or willingness to acquire certification
- Experience working with young adults (ages 18-25), teaching in an educational environment a plus
- Experience with historic preservation preferred, or other hands-on related skills (i.e. trail construction, carpentry, landscaping)
- Ability to perform manual, physical labor for up to 8 hours per day, exposed to the elements and must occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds or more
- Valid driver’s license and MVR that meets SCA standards required
- Ability to meet SCA’s criminal background check standards
- Must have personal housing arrangements in program city
Compensation: $600 per week, plus $1000/month housing allowance
To Apply: Click Login or Sign Up. Create a profile, complete the basic application and then select the Leader Application when prompted. Please be sure to upload your cover letter, resume & 3 references. Once your application is complete, please email [email protected] with the position of interest listed in the subject line so we may review your application.
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org