Join us on Saturday, April 23rd to restore Washington Park Arboretum in Seattle, WA!
This spring, SCA is partnering with the Arboretum Foundation, UW Botanic Gardens, and Seattle Parks and Recreation to restore the Washington Park Arboretum by removing invasive ivy and weeding the collections.
Any volunteer under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult (1 adult per 2 youth). Please make sure to register any children attending, we will work to place you in a youth friendly worksite.
WHEN: Saturday, April 23th, 9:00 am – 12:30 pm PDT. *Note pre-registration is required for this, no walk ups.
WHERE: Washington Park Arboretum, 2300 Arboretum Drive East, Seattle, WA 98112. Meet at Crabapple Meadow, just south of the Visitors Center.
PARKING/MEETING DETAILS: Drive to the address above (Visitors Center) and follow signs/parking staff who will direct you to the correct parking area. After parking, please follow signs/staff directing you to Crabapple Meadow, where you will check-in.
WHAT: Volunteers will restore Washington Park Arboretum through removing invasive ivy and weeding collections.
BRING WITH YOU: Please bring a bottle of water to stay hydrated, food to help sustain you, and gloves to work in*. Please wear long pants, bring a layer or a raincoat, and closed-toe shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
PROVIDED: Tools and Training!
Volunteers must register in advance, and will check-in at Crabapple Meadow to be assigned a work group (we have 6-7 work sites throughout the park). We will have a large group welcome and photo, then volunteers will meet their site leader and team and walk out to their worksites together.
Please come dressed for the weather! This event will happen rain or shine!
- Stay home if you have symptoms or test positive for Covid-19.
- Bring your own beverages and snacks for the work day.
- Facemasks are not required, but you may wear one if you choose.
- Bring work gloves, if you can. We will have some available if you are unable to bring a pair.
- Volunteers may need to walk 5-15 minutes out to their specific worksite, or 5+ minutes to the nearest restroom.
- Youth under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult who can take responsibility for their behavior (1 adult per 2 youth).
- The work on the Arboretum grounds is very physical, and the tasks may involve navigation across uneven ground.
QUESTIONS: Please email [email protected].
We are grateful to host this event in partnership with Washington Park Arboretum. We would like to thank NestléCares for their support of this event.