SCA Pittsburgh Earth Day, South Side Park
Serve the planet in your own community!
Saturday, April 20th from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Join SCA in South Side Park on Earth Day for a day of fun projects Saturday, April 20th.
- When: April 20, 2013, 9:00am – 1:00pm
- Where: Meet at the South Side Sabers youth football field, near the intersection of Crossman Street and South 18th in Pittsburgh’s South Side. If you are driving on South 18th (going uphill, away from the Flats and Carson Street) you will pass the Mission Street Bridge on your left hand side. Take the next left onto Crossman Street. You can park in the lot on your left hand side once you make the turn. You will see the football field to your right as you pull onto Crossman. Call Josh Nard at 412-720-8285 if you have any questions or trouble finding us.
- What: Earth Day projects with SCA
- Who: SCA alumni, South Side Slopes Neighborhood Association, the Brashear Association, SCA Pittsburgh Brashear Crew, and the Community
- Why: To celebrate our Earth, work together to beautify our community, get youth and community members involved.
- REGISTER: Go here to Register! Please Register by April 18th.
- Questions/Info: Email SCA Pittsburgh.
- We will be working on trash and invasive removal, as well as trail work projects. There will be something for everyone!
- Please wear long pants, close-toed shoes, and bring a refillable water bottle. Dress for Pittsburgh’s unpredictable weather! **Event will occur rain or shine.**
- Must be 14 and over to participate.
- Volunteers age 18 and over: To participate in this event we need you to sign a Participant Agreement Form (download below). It will help with registration the morning of the event, if you can review and sign the forms prior to arrival. Please take a moment to print and fill out the form.
- Volunteers under age 18: You must bring the Participant Agreement Form, completed by a parent or guardian, to the event (download below). If your parent/guardian accompanies you to the event, you may complete the forms at the work site.) Unaccompanied minors without a completed and signed form will not be permitted to participate in any activities.
- Questions? Please email Joshua Nard.