SCA is hosting a volunteer service project as part of the Outdoor Nation Signature Summit in Boston. We’ll be working with Boston Harbor Islands to restore the Fort Andrews area of Peddocks Island. Register online now.
- When:July 20, 2012, 12 pm to 5:00 pm
- Check-in starts at 11:45 pm
- Projects run from 1:00 to 4:00 pm
- Lunch will be provided en route to Peddocks Island
- Where: Meet at Rowes Wharf to catch the private ferry to Peddocks Island. The ferry is operated by Mass Bay Lines. Look for us with an SCA sign!
- What: Restore the Fort Andrews area. Brush removal and invasive species removal
- Attire: Please dress in comfortable weather-appropriate clothing that you do not mind getting dirty. Volunteers should wear long pants and sturdy, closed-toe shoes.
- Provided: Training, tools, project materials, beverages, healthy snacks, and lunch
- Bring with you: Water bottle, sunscreen, hat
- Register online to attend this event
For questions or more information on the service project, please email [email protected]
Outdoor Nation Summits… The Revolution Continues in 2012!
For the third year in a row, SCA is honored to send delegates (age 16 to 28) to Outdoor Nation Summits so SCA alumni can help find solutions to the challenges that are keeping people indoors.
Through our partnership with Outdoor Nation, you can bypass the regular application process and immediately be accepted as a delegate to the Outdoor Nation Boston Signature Summit, July 21-22! This opportunity is exclusively for SCA members and alumni, aged 16 to 28. Register here if you are an SCA member or alumni!
SCA spaces are limited and of course everyone is dying to attend, so register now and don’t miss out.
Want more info on Outdoor Nation Summits? Check out the Summit FAQs page.