Join SCA’s Green Cities Corps and the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank (GPCFB) for three days of music and green fun at the Pittsburgh Blues Festival!.
Dates: Friday, July 23, 5:30 – 10:00 pm, Saturday and Sunday, July 24-25, 1:30 – 10:00 pm.
Performers include Chubby Carrier and the Bayou Swamp Band, Eric Burdon & The Animals, Kenny Wayne Shephard, among many others.
Besides great music, you’ll enjoy:
- Free admission to the Festival on the day you volunteer to help oversee recycling and composting! Sign up to volunteer
- Demonstrations of the many sustainable methods currently being practiced in the Pittsburgh area to mitigate climate change
- Environmental organizations and green agencies promoting sustainable environmental initiatives under the climate tents
- Raffles for awesome eco-prizes
- Environmental eco-art – submit your own or browse other displayed pieces. We would love to have your eco art – big and small – make an environmental statement at the event! Please email Green Cities if you are interested
We’ll need over 100 volunteers to oversee the recycling and composting bins throughout the weekend. We want to make sure that the Festival attendees are not only putting their waste in the correct bins, but that they are also becoming educated on the matter. *Volunteers that pick up a shift will get into the Festival for FREE that day and receive a FREE Blues Festival Volunteer T-shirt. Volunteers will also get FREE food and drink under the volunteer tent, and get $5 FREE Blues Bucks to use at GPCFB vendors.
July 23: 12pm – 4pm (set-up); 3:30pm – 7:30pm or 7pm – 10:30pm
July 24: 12:30pm – 4:30; 4pm – 8pm; or 7:30pm – 10:30pm
July 25: 12:30pm – 4:30; 4pm – 8pm; or 7:30pm – 10:30pm
The Pittsburgh Blues Festival is the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank’s largest annual event, raising more than $1 million to fight hunger over its fifteen years.
Follow us on our Facebook page, SCA: 2010 Green and Blues Festival, to stay updated on the specific eco prizes that we’ll be giving away, the art work that is being submitted, and the different types of sustainable practices we are hoping to embed into the Festival.
For more information, visit the Pittsburgh Blues Festival website, for the lineup and ticket information.