Join SCA to ConSERVE DC this Earth Day! With support from American Express and Southwest Airlines, SCA is bringing “quick-touch” service activities to the Earth Optimism Summit at the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History. Here’s how YOU can help:
(1) VOLUNTEER ON EARTH DAY
WHEN: Sunday, April 23rd, 11:30am to 4:00pm
- NOTE: Event only open to teens from 11:30am to 2:00pm. Previous teen portion from 10:00am to 11:30am has filled up. Teens must register through the Smithsonian website.
- Members of the public can arrive any time between 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm to create seed balls and seed starters, donate a photo, or participate in other activities on site.
WHERE: Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History, 10th Street and Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC, 20560
- Enter from Constitution Ave entrance and Q?rius Education Center will be on the right.
- Create native seed balls and seed starters out of recycled materials.
- Visit SCA’s interactive volunteer station in the Q?rius lab, then stay to explore other family-friendly Earth Day games and activities throughout the Q?rius Education Center.
QUESTIONS: Contact Michael Cronin at [email protected] or 845-596-3717.
(2) COLLECT TOILET PAPER TUBES FOR SCA’S RECYCLING DRIVE
Care To Recycle®, a program of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., provides fun tips, tricks and DIY projects to help recycle more in the bathroom. This Earth Day, SCA is partnering with Care To Recycle® to hold recycling activities at events nationwide. Collect your cardboard toilet paper tubes and bring them to the event, where our youth leaders will help kids and families transform them into colorful seed starters, then plant seeds to grow at home.
(3) DONATE A PHOTO
Can’t make it to the event? Upload a photo through the free Donate A Photo app and select SCA as the benefiting organization. For every photo uploaded, Johnson & Johnson will donate $1* to help empower the next generation of conservation leaders.
* Disclosure Statement: Johnson & Johnson has curated a list of trusted causes, and you can donate a photo to one cause, once a day. Each cause will appear in the app until it reaches its goal, or the donation period ends. If the goal isn’t reached, the cause will still get a minimum donation.