SCA’s DC Urban Tree House (UTH) Program provides free and memorable environmental education programs for DC urban youth (K-12). By sharing fun experiences in nature, participants make meaningful connections to their local environment while engaging in hands-on conservation projects outdoors.
UTH programs take place in green space located in Anacostia Park in Southeast Washington, DC. The UTH site transforms urban green space into areas where imagination, learning, and adventure take place! The UTH site provides a great opportunity for youth to explore and learn about the surrounding land and aquatic environment—particularly the District’s watershed and urban ecosystems.
Through environmental education, the UTH helps foster conservation principles and stewardship of our favorite parks, public lands, local waterways, and natural resources. Join us for exciting education and service opportunities!
WHAT DO WE DO AT THE URBAN TREE HOUSE?
- Explore and learn about natural environments in the Washington, D.C. area
- Use the outdoors as a classroom
- Learn through experience and service
- Empower students to know they can make a difference
- Environmental literacy
WHAT DO STUDENTS LEARN AT UTH?
Read more about our program offerings.
- Water science
- Camping 101
- Climate change
- Environmental stewardship
- Ecology and native species
- Art in nature
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- Students grades K-12
- Groups with 10-40 students
- Registration is FREE!
REGISTER YOUR GROUP
PREPARE FOR YOUR TRIP
- Parking Info
- Learn more about Anacostia Park
- Required for Each Participant: Refillable water bottle, face mask, proper footwear for outdoor play
- Strongly Recommended: Bug spray, sunscreen
Important COVID-19 Info
Adult and youth participants visiting UTH are required to bring a mask and may be required to wear during programming. Adult and youth visiting the UTH also must be in general good health and not presenting any COVID-19 symptoms.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (202) 753-0913
Address: 1900 Anacostia Drive SE Washington, DC 20020
Visit the Washington DC Oﬃce page for further information more information about DC SCA programs.