Arizona | California |Colorado | Hawaii | Nevada | New Mexico | Utah
The Bureau of Land Management credits SCA teams in Southern California with “rewriting the book” on desert restoration. The Los Angeles Times reports that thanks to our Station Fire recovery project, Angeles National Forest “is starting to look like its old self again.” And along the Pacific Crest Trail, our expert crews are among the few who still perform strenuous heavy rock work – by hand.
The ecological needs of California and the Southwest are distinctive – and so are SCA solutions. We make vital improvements every day to iconic area parks like Yosemite, Arches and Canyon de Chelly. We prepare young military veterans for careers in wildland firefighting in Arizona’s national forests, and SCA’s Bay Area Community Conservation Programs provide jobs, training and opportunities for hundreds of local, under-served youth.
This is how SCA builds “the next generation of conservation leaders” in the California-Southwest region.
- 874 (2013)
- East Bay Regional Parks/San Mateo County Parks community conservation crews
- Veterans Fire Corps
- Desert Restoration Corps
- Yosemite National Park
- Klamath National Forest
- California Desert Conservation Area (BLM)
- Eldorado National Forest
- City of Oakland
- Bureau of Land Management-Nevada
- Grand Canyon National Park
- Haleakala National Park
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- S.D. Bechtel, Jr. Foundation - Bay Area Community Program, CA Program Continuum
- Pacific Foundation Services - Bay Area Community Program
- California Off Highway Motorized Vehicle Dept./CA State Parks - Desert Restoration Program
- Yosemite Conservancy - Yosemite National Park programming
- Bureau of Land Management - California WildCorps
- Mammoth Mountain Ski Area
- Delaware North