EXECUTIVE EMPLOYMENT SEARCH: Chief Operating Officer
The Student Conservation Association (SCA) is seeking a Chief Operating Officer. As the largest provider of hands-on environmental programs for youth and young adults, this newly created position will be responsible for financial strategy and execution as well as overall operational excellence. The Chief Operating Officer will work in partnership with the SCA’s Chief Executive Officer to help lead the first and largest youth conservation organization in the United States. The COO will be part of the Executive Leadership Team and, together with the CEO and its Board of Directors, will help guide the organization for future success and growth.
Location: Washington, D.C. Metro Area Preferred. Learn more and apply here.
Looking For More?
- Visit our Current Openings page to search our open positions.
- Visit our Employee Benefits page to read more about the benefits package SCA offers.
- Looking for Field Leader positions? See our listings here.
Top Reasons to Work at the SCA
- We make a difference. For more than 60 years, SCA has been connecting young people to nature through hands-on service. While others talk, SCA puts conservation into action.
- We’re focused on the future. Climate change, endangered species, green careers: SCA builds new generations of conservation leaders today to ensure a healthier environment tomorrow.
- We’re green pioneers. SCA got started before the Wilderness Act, the EPA, or Silent Spring. We continue to grow even greener – in our beliefs, policies, and practices.
- We like to have fun. You can work hard and accomplish much while laughing and enjoying yourself. Otherwise, why do it?
- We care. About our mission and about our people. We offer a supportive culture and variety of benefits that help people meet their varying needs.
- We are flexible. SCA knows we don’t all fit in the same box, hence there are few set “working schedules.” We believe in flexibility to meet personal, professional, and organizational needs.
- We believe in service. Whether through coaching a soccer team, volunteering at a local shelter, or working in a community garden, we encourage staff to give back in a way that is meaningful to them, and we provide time to do so.
- We offer growth opportunities. In addition to internal promotion, we also encourage input and participation in organization-wide groups to continually strengthen and enhance staff experience and skills.
- We appreciate you. We know that recognition is a great motivator if done sincerely and we strive to recognize the big accomplishments and the small wins that keep us moving forward as an organization.
- We are a unique bunch. We are as diverse as the environment we serve. It makes for interesting conversation, varying perspectives, and a richness of culture.
SCA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.