Skill-building conservation service opportunities!
- 6 to 8 teenagers per crew
- Serve 4 weeks in the summer
- Supervised by two experienced adult leaders
- Cost $2750 for 3 week crews, $3000 for 4 week crews (plus the cost of travel to the site)
- Financial aid is available
2016 Crew Projects
Denali National Park, Alaska
June 13 to July 10
You’ll create new hiking trails and explore a piece of Denali National Park’s 6 million acres of wild lands, while calling Wonder Lake your home.
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
July 11 to August 7
Prepare to live deep in the backcountry in the amazing Rocky Mountains as you learn how to use timber and rock to maintain hiking trails.
Boys: 1 spot available
Girls: 1 spot available
Lake Clark National Park and Preserve, Alaska
July 18 to August 14
Using traditional crosscut saws, clear hiking trails of downed trees as you live in the backcountry of this beautiful and remote park.
NatureBridge Marine Science Exploration Crew, Washington
July 10 to July 29
This crew is focused on leadership, service, and scientific research. Members will navigate rugged coastline, monitor and remove marine debris, and apply scientific methods to research questions inspired by the unique coastal ecosystem within Olympic National Park.
How to apply:
- Complete an SCA Crew Application
- Send an email to Recruiting@thesca.org
- Include the subject line “Tuition-Based Crew”
- Make sure that you are available for the full dates of the position
- Selected candidates will receive an email offer with the dates and location of their position
- You will have the opportunity to accept or decline the offer
- If you accept, you will receive:
- Medical Form
- Conditions of Acceptance Form
- Member Handbook Acknowledgment Form
- Tuition payment and financial aid information
- Location information for planning your travel to the site
- Candidates who are not selected will be informed via email