On February 7th, ﬂurries were in the air and over a foot of snow already blanketed Roberto Clemente State Park in the Bronx. But that didn’t stop 65 volunteers from coming out to the riverfront for February’s ConSERVE NYC event.Read more
New York City, NY
2016 NYC Conservation Leadership Corps (CLC) Program for High School Members Aged 15-19
The Student Conservation Association is seeking passionate high school students ages 15-19 to join our Spring 2016 Conservation Leadership Corps! CLC members will meet for weekend and evening activities 2-3 times per month from January-May 2016. Upon completing at least 10 CLC outings in Spring 2016, members will be prioritized for placement on SCA’s summer crews in NYC and across the country.
SCA’s 2016 NYC CLC Program will have members working and volunteering in National, State, and City Parks throughout all five New York City Boroughs.
As a member of the CLC program you will:
- Get to know some of the natural areas in your city!
- Earn Community service hours
- Work/volunteer one weekend per month from January through May.
- Engage in various conservation service initiatives; from debris and invasive plant removal to habitat restoration.
- Members will meet at different park sites and locations each month.
- Crew members may also be eligible to receive a FULL scholarship to participate in SCA’s National Crew Program.
- Please submit your application by January 4th, 2016.
- If you need any assistance please refer to the “how to apply” section of our website.
- Please use Promo code: PO-00691146
Interviews will take place from January 4th through January 11th.
Mandatory Orientation with both members and parents on January 14th
Weekend Program Dates:
- January 16/17
- February 27/28
- March 19/20
- April 16/17
- May 14/15 -Overnight Camping Recreation Trip
Related Posts & Program Information
The Student Conservation Association has been a leader in the Hurricane Sandy recovery and resiliency efforts at City, State and National Parks around NY and NJ. Visit our NYC Recovery site to see where we’ve been working and how much we have accomplished in the New York and New Jersey Metropolitan Area.