Your child is about to embark on a life-changing experience, where they will have the opportunity to meet new friends, explore potential careers, gain leadership skills, and accomplish hands-on conservation work that will have a lasting impact on the planet.
Alternative Spring Break
2014 HeART This City Programs
For the last 7 years, SCA and American Eagle Outﬁtters have hosted Alternative Spring Break service projects in many iconic National Parks. More than 700 students have contributed 23,000 hours of service – planting endangered Joshua trees in Joshua Tree National Park, building hiking trails in the Grand Canyon and restoring vital wildlife habitat in the Everglades, Padre Island, Big Cypress and the Santa Monica Mountains.
This year we wanted to spread some of the love to our urban parks — and why not? Conservation begins there too! We will be undertaking transformational conservation projects in some of our favorite cities (5,000 total hours of service!) and we will also be installing a cool piece of urban art that will inspire all of us to continue to HeART our cities!
Why are we doing this?
Because our parks are amazing, and they need our help. Because you HeART your city! Plus - you’ll get a limited-edition “HeART This City” t-shirt and water bottle, and lunch on us. And you’ll have the chance to win a trip to one of SCA’s other service projects happening all over the country. This is really a one-of-a-kind SCA experience to make a lasting impact on our urban parks. Please join us! Cities and dates are below.
- HeART This City: San Francisco — Sat. March 22 What an Incredible Day! Read about the SF Event
- HeART This City: Chicago — Saturday April 12th - Read “HeART this Windy City”
- HeART This City: New Orleans — Saturday April 19th - Read about our New Orleans Event here!
- HeART This City: Pittsburgh — Sat. April 26 Count me in!
Want another way to help transform your city? Give to SCA today to help empower thousands of students to restore the parks and urban green spaces that make our cities livable. Best part: You could win a trip to come help out at one of the SCA service projects happening in America’s most vibrant cities! Learn more.
Here’s how it works:
- Download the HeART this City frame.
- Snap a photo of what you HeART about your city.
- Post it to AE Instragram #HeARTthisCity.
- Win a chance to join SCA on an important project in a cool city.
Have questions or want to bring a group? Contact us at email@example.com.