Ages 15-19. A Summer of Conservation Service for High School Students
The SCA Crew experience is a must-have for any aspiring conservation leader. Students embark on a summer service expedition to America's most incredible and irreplaceable parks and forests.
Join an SCA Crew and plug yourself into SCA’s nationwide network of young conservationists, thousands of students who are as passionate as you are about preserving wildlands, protecting nature in urban areas, and keeping the planet green.
Outdoor, Tuition-free, High School Summer Program
- Strengthen the environment
Build a hiking trail, protect a vital habitat, and help protect our precious natural resources for years to come.
- Enjoy nature at its best
Practice Leave No Trace camping, learn about conservation, and take an outdoor adventure trip with your crew when the work is done.
- Develop leadership skills
Create team spirit and manage day-to-day challenges-all while connecting with and caring for Planet Earth
Apply for your SCA Crew today!
- General applications are no longer being accepted for 2013. However, we are still accepting members who currently live in Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, and the Virgin Islands for 2013 National High School crews.
- High school students ages 15-19 are eligible.
- Crews include 6-8 teenagers who serve for 3-5 weeks in summer.
- Each one is supervised by two experienced adult leaders.
- Members live in tents and cook their own meals.
- National conservation crews are tuition-free.
- Login or Sign-up to start your application.
2013 National Crew Start Dates
Check out the three different start dates of our summer tracks.
Note: Please list your earliest and latest days available regardless of the track dates above. This will ensure you are available for the most crew opportunities as SCA often has crews that don't start on typical track dates. The 2nd track is the most popular so your chances increase if you’re available for Track 1 and/or 3.