Note: You must be 21 or older to be a Field Leader
To start or continue an application: please visit MySCA to Login or sign up now!
Finding and Choosing Positions
You cannot submit or attach your leader application to a particular site/program.
We do a prescreening of all leader candidates which allows us the ability to figure out which position you are most qualified. This happens through a conversation between yourself and SCA. Make sure you specify in your cover letter which program you are interested in being considered for, and choose the corresponding position category in the application. This way, if you do meet the qualifications, we'll put your application in to be reviewed by our Program Staff.
Choose Appropriate Positions
Read carefully to find positions that match your experience, skill level, any requirements (housing arrangements, medical certifications, etc.) and the dates you are available.
Complete the Application
We begin to consider you for a field leader position when:
- you have answered all the questions
- have your resume & cover letter posted to the resume section
- have at least one Reference form completed and attached
- have clicked on Submit the Application.
When you have finished, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know so we will review your application.
The Review Process
- Once you've submitted your application and emailed us at email@example.com to let us know what program you're interested in, here's what you can expect:
- Step 1: Prescreen
- SCA Staff will review your application to see that you meet the basic requirements, and have relevant experience for the position you are interested.
- If you meet the qualifications, your application will be attached to the appropriate placeholder position so it can be reviewed by Program Staff hiring for that position.
- If you do not meet the qualifications, you will be hearing from us about other avenues to explore within SCA to make you a stronger candidate in the future.
- Step 2: Review
- SCA Program Staff will review your application and if you are a competitive candidate, will send you an interview request via email.
- If you are not determined to be a competitive candidate, you will be emailed notifying you of our decision.
- This process will happen within a week or two of your application being put into the placeholder position.
- Step 3: Interview
- SCA conducts leader interviews via phone. Please make sure you have the correct time and time zone written down! The appointment will be arranged between you and the Program Staff interviewing you.
- Step 4: Offer
- If you are applying for a Community Crew Leader position, you will be offered an exact placement with project details, dates, etc.
- If you are applying for a National Crew Leader position or a Corps Project Leader position, you will most likely be offered a position, without a specific placement. This conversation is to let you know that we want to hire you as a leader for the upcoming season. The placement will come later once we have all the details worked out.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org