Conservation Begins Here.
The SCA, our nation’s leading conservation service organization, is seeking a Program Coordinator for the SCA Hudson Valley NY AmeriCorps program based in New Paltz, NY. This is a full time, permanent position scheduled to begin immediately.
The Program Coordinator roles include the recruitment, selection and coordination of approximately 40 Corps members assigned to individual internship sites in the Hudson Valley region. Other responsibilities include organizing and facilitating trainings, overseeing the development and execution of service opportunities, and program reporting duties. The successful candidate will have a BA/BS degree, two years of supervisory experience or the equivalent, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a proven commitment to conservation and the environment. SCA offers a competitive salary and excellent beneﬁts.
- BA/BS in Environmental Education/Science/related ﬁeld or two years of related ﬁeld experience
- Proven supervisory, organizational, and program development skills
- Budget experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to organize and inventory large quantities of supplies
- Strong data entry and experience in using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience with or knowledge of national service programs
- Teaching and/or outdoor instruction experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license and MVR that meets SCA’s standards
- Criminal background check that meets SCA standards
- Reliable personal vehicle; use of personal vehicle for travel within region 15% +/-, required
* Health and Dental * Basic Life Insurance * Short Term Disability * Long Term Disability * Flexible Spending Account * 403(b) Savings Plan * Generous Paid Time Off * Community Service Leave * Casual Dress
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.