Conservation Consultants, Inc. (CCI) (http://www.ccicenter.org/ ), is a nonprofit organization that helps families and businesses make energy efficient changes in their homes, offices, or buildings. Last year, CCI worked with nearly 5,000 local low-income families to help them lower their utility bills by using energy smarter. CCI is also the organization that small businesses and middle class families turn to for advice on all things energy. CCI’s programs focus on energy conservation through education, utility programs and Esmart3 Energy Audits.
CCI is partnering with the SCA this year to take on a Sustainable Community Fellow. The role of this Green Cities Corps member is to support the mission of the organization and its operations. CCI’s mission is “To promote responsible energy use in homes and other buildings”.
The Sustainable Community Fellow is responsible for:
- Complete data entry and evaluation
- Go out with the energy managers on home visits so that they can have a basic understanding of what
- Assist the education coordinator in energy education
- Deliver home energy conservation workshops for community groups—after training and as they arise
- Green Building tours/lessons @ CCI Center
- Help with the implementation of upcoming new grants