Position Title: Social Engagement Campaign Director
Grade: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Reports to: Director
Work Location: New York, NY (virtual office)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, no benefits
Gasland (www.gaslandthemovie.com ) is a Sundance-award winning documentary film that premiered on HBO this June and will be released in theaters this Fall. Gasland has been and continues to be seminal in generating awareness on the dangers of domestic natural gas drilling. Gasland was produced by the International WOW Company, a nonprofit theater company based in Brooklyn, NY.
International WOW Company is looking for a talented and experienced Social Engagement Campaign Director to work in close partnership with the Film’s Director and Producer. The Campaign Director will ensure the successful execution of multiple programs this summer and fall and will be vital in helping us build and run an ambitious social engagement campaign through the end of the year.
The social engagement campaign for Gasland involves action oriented community and theatrical screening events nationwide, a multi-pronged online marketing campaign, programming partnerships with national nonprofits, a college speaking tour, an educational cut and accompanying curriculum, and a billboard campaign.
Major Work Functions:
· Work closely with Gasland staff, volunteers, interns and allies to develop a strategic vision and plan for our outreach and organizing programs; communications strategy, organizational development and staffing; and fund-raising and budgeting.
· Develop and implement an effective organizational development program including foundation and individual donor programs.
· Develop and oversee systems to improve and facilitate daily operations of our virtual office.
· Provide strategic direction and leadership in project development and oversee implementation projects relating to advocacy, organizing and community building toward our goals.
· Serve as primary point of contact for public inquiries.
· Track income and expenses on a regular basis; play a lead role in organizational budgeting to ensure financial responsibility and sustainability.
· Work closely with our fiscal sponsor and Director to ensure smooth operations of the Project.
· Hire and oversee a small crew of interns and volunteers.
· Experience running social engagement campaigns for documentary films.
· Five years experience interning or working with non-profit social change organizations, including two in a leadership or management role.
· Experience developing and implementing fundraising campaigns, including both foundation and individual donor cultivation.
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
· Highly organized, able to multi-task and attentive to details.
· Diplomatic and professional approach to problem solving.
· Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
· Highly organized, self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction and supervision.
· Committed to hard work and a professional, ethical, and fun workplace.
· Strong experience in online and web-based advocacy, community building and communications.
· Excellent writing and research skills.
To Apply: Please send a brief cover letter and resume (2 page max) to Molly Gandour at molly(at)gaslandthemovie.com